Irvine Unified District Requirements for Enrollment
Before you can enroll your child in one of the Irvine Unified School District’s schools, you need to have all of the following documents when you begin the enrollment verification process:
Identity:B Verification of the identity of parent, caregiver, licensed foster agency or group home representative, or California Superior Court-appointed legal guardian–one of the following is required:
- A driver’s license (any photo driver’s license or California identification card is permitted).
- A passport with a photo ID.
- An appropriate agency identification if an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency.
Verification of Residency:B Both Residency Verification and Affidavit Forms must be printed and filled out. B Residency Verification and Affidavit Form B (pages 1-4)
For initial enrollment, either the parent or guardian must also provide two documents from the list below to support the residency verification form and the residency affidavit. (P. O. Box addresses are NOT accepted)
- Current Electric Bill or verification of electrical service connection. Here is an example of an acceptable current electric bill.
- Current Home Gas BillB or verification of gas service connection. Here is an example of an acceptable current gas bill.
- Current Cable TV BillB or verification of an acceptable current cable bill. Here is an example of an acceptable current cable bill
- Current Water Bill or verification of a water service connection. Here is an example of an acceptable current water bill
- Current Waste Management BillB or verification of cable service. Here is an example of an acceptable current Waste Management bill
- Current Official Property Tax FormsB The address to which these documents were mailed must match the address that is being used to establish residency.
- Current Tax CorrespondenceB The address to which these documents were mailed must match the address that is being used to establish residency.
- Current Payroll StubB Both name and address must appear on payroll stub.
- Current Social Services Documents
- U.C.I .Housing DocumentB An official U.C.I. document asserting the person resides in student housing, which usually covers gas and electric.
If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because it is included in the rent, we will need a letter from the lessor and/or a copy of the rental agreement stating that utilities are included.
In the case of purchasing a home under construction, a New Communities K-12 Enrollment Address Verification form may be obtained at the sales office and will be accepted as temporary residency verification.
In the event a utility service connection is used as proof of residence, then a utility bill (both parts, in English) must be provided within 45 days to assure continued enrollment.
Proof of withdrawal from any previous school district
Proof of age. One of the following is required.
- Official or certified copy of birth certificate
- Current passport
Proof of Immunization Records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations for each student. Click the link below for an explanation of the student health requirements for school entry including TB skin testing, immunizations and examinations.
All kindergarten students must have completed a physical examination no more than six months prior to entering kindergarten. B If an exam is completed between six and twelve months prior to kindergarten entrance, another physical exam will be required prior to entering first grade. B All first-grade students must have completed a physical examination no more than 18 months prior to first-grade entry.
Emergency telephone numbers are required, including an out-of-state emergency number.
The following is additional information that may be required.
- An academic transcript or report card from your previous school. B Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.
- For Special Education students: current or most recent I.E.P. and assessments.
- for GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) students: prior test scores and/or certification forms
- For EL (English Learners) students: a copy of current C.E.L.D.T. scores.